- Job no: HRC0003132
- Category: Professional, HEW 8
- Develop and manage global strategies to increase international student mobility
- Full time fixed term (until Nov ’24) opportunity based at our Callaghan Campus
- 17% super, generous annual, personal, and life leave, wellbeing programs, health and fitness discounts
Be challenged and imagine with us
As Manager, Global Experience, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the operation, project plans, and finance of the Global Experience Strategy, with the aim of achieving student mobility targets.
In this role you will:
- Lead the strategy development and implementation plan to increase student mobility in collaboration with Colleges and Divisions.
- Demonstrate leadership and expertise in developing initiatives to enhance global experience programs and funding opportunities.
- Lead the development of strong constructive networks and relationships with global mobility partners and providers.
This fixed term position is a parental leave cover until November 2024, is full time, and will be located at the Callaghan Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land).
How will you inspire us?
You will have:
- Extensive experience in managing and designing successful strategies for global experience programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of the international higher education market.
- Proven leadership experience, including the ability to successfully guide and inspire a team, communicate effectively, and solve complex problems.
What we offer
The remuneration for this position is from $107,800 to $125,767 + 17% superannuation and is commensurate with skills and experience.
We offer a range of benefits and employment conditions that help you balance your commitments, stay healthy, and work effectively. For information on our employee benefits (such as leave, flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships, and salary packaging) please visit here.
About our University
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. Our vision is to be a world-leading University for our regions and creating a better future for our regions and the globe. Underpinned by this vision are our values of excellence, equity, engagement and sustainability.
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Your next steps
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
If viewing this on a job board other than the University’s please click ‘Apply’ (or equivalent) to reach the University’s website, where a copy of the Position Description can be accessed. Please download a copy before commencing your application.
Your application must include:
- Your resume.
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for this opportunity.
- A statement addressing the Essential Criteria listed below (these may differ slightly from the Position Description, please only respond to the below in your application).
- Holds a postgraduate qualification or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise in global experience programs and strategies; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in the administration as well as in the management of in- and outbound global experience programs (including semester exchange, short courses, volunteering, internships and placement, study tours and other types of opportunities).
- Proven capacity to develop strategies, to devise policies/procedures, and implement plans to achieve defined outcomes with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple complex tasks with competing deadlines while being accountable and responsible for duties.
- Clear, proven understanding of the international education market including thorough knowledge of university and higher education policies and external environment and maintain effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders and overseas partner universities and global experience providers.
- Demonstrates expertise in the use of core university systems, such as those that exist for information and analytics (PowerBI, CRMs), student administration (NUSTAR, TRIM, CareerHub) and finance (TechOne) and good computer skills for documentation, data process and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace obligations to, and experience in leading and cultivating workplace practices and behaviours that promote, support and maintain a safe, healthy, equitable, diverse and respectful workplace; including responding appropriately to adverse accidents, incidents, behaviours, issues, reports and the like.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document. This document should not exceed 4 pages (approximately 2,000 words).
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities, please download the Position Description (available in the Related Documents section below).
Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with Australian residency or a valid work permit.
For specific position enquiries, please contact Debbie Choi, Manager, Global Experience on (02) 4921 2097 or via email at email@example.com
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note, we do not accept email applications.
Closing date: Thursday 9 November 2023 at 11.59pm AEDT
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you