- Academic Services Division
- At the forefront of the University’s strategic ambitions under the Queensland Commitment.
- Based at our St Lucia campus, contribute to thousands of students receive support to alleviate the financial burden of studying.
- A diverse and varied range of tasks that move through an annual cycle.
- Full time, continuing (permanent) role with salary in the range $84,871.95 to $91,158.90 plus a generous super allowance of up to 17%.
About This Opportunity
The position is responsible for the implementation, reporting and ongoing administration of the University’s scholarships and prizes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide high level administrative assistance, advice and support during the application, assessment, selection, and award processes for UQ scholarships and prizes.
- Draft scholarship rules and guidelines in line with new and/or modified Awards.
- Administer Senate-approved undergraduate and postgraduate coursework financial awards (i.e., grants, prizes, and scholarships) with a focus on timely payment of recipients.
- Develop and provide specialist reports relating to the University’s scholarships and student fees, as requested, via interrogation of multiple systems.
- Monitor the ongoing eligibility of award recipients, including the requirement to show cause, and maintaining and updating information on SI-net.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Completion of a degree with subsequent relevant experience or experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/ training.
- Proficiency with student administration software packages and enterprise systems (Experience using Si-net will be highly regarded).
- High level skills in interpreting and applying rules, policies, and procedures in complex situations.
- High level organisational, planning, record-keeping, and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior staff, students, prospective students and parents, school representatives as well as external organisations.
The successful candidate may be required to complete background checks including, criminal history and education checks.
About The University of Queensland (UQ)
For more than a century, UQ has educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver unparalleled teaching, learning and research excellence that creates positive change globally. Join a community where excellence is at the core of our culture, contributions are valued and a range of benefits and rewards are available, such as:
- 26 weeks paid parental leave or 14 weeks paid primary caregiver leave.
- Annual salary increases in line with our enterprise agreement
- 17.5% annual leave loading.
- Health and wellness discounts – fitness passport access, free yearly flu vaccinations, discounted health insurance, and access to our Employee Assistance Program for staff and their immediate family.
- On campus childcare options.
- Cheap parking (from just $5 a day).
- Salary packaging options.
Want to Apply?
Should you wish to apply, please attach the following documents to your application:
- Cover letter addressing the ‘About You’ section above
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Ms Helen Morahan email@example.com.
For application queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number (below) in the subject line.
Applications close Tuesday, 5 December 2023 at 11.00pm AEST (Job Reference Number – R-32916). Please note that interviews have been tentatively scheduled for 13 December 2023.
At UQ, our strength lies in our diverse colleagues. We’re dedicated to equity, diversity, and inclusion, fostering an environment that mirrors our wider community. We’re committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent. Reach out to email@example.com for accessibility support or adjustments.
If you are a current employee (including casual staff and HDR scholars) or hold an unpaid/affiliate appointment, please login to your staff Workday account and visit the internal careers board to apply for this opportunity. Please do NOT apply via the external job board.